September 22, 2016 (266/366) Happy First Day of Fall!
Maybe it's because my life runs on an academic calendar,
but fall really does feel like more of a beginning than an end.
It's time for:
- crisp mornings with low-lying fog.
- clear, starry nights by the fire.
- brilliant foliage that changes every day.
- long walks in the woods with the smell and sound of the dried leaves beneath my feet.
- bundling up in cozy sweaters, scarves, skirts, tights, and comfy boots... I just feel more "me" at this time of year.
- Sunday afternoon football games.
- hot cider, coffee, tea, and bold red wines.
- hearty soups, roasted pumpkin seeds, and apple pie.
- observing, reflecting, planning, starting over...